HVCA Sports Programs - HOCKEY
Registration is now open and closes Nov 26, 2017
To register, click here
- HVCA Outdoor Hockey Program typically starts the first weekend of December and the last weekend of February (weather dependent).
- HVCA Outdoor Hockey will not be cancelled due to weather ahead of time. HVCA Hockey Coordinator or designated HVCA representatives will be available at the Hidden Hut to determine whether ice conditions are favourable/safe to play
-Hockey is organized and provided by volunteers from the Hidden Valley Community Association but is parent coached.
-All practices and games are played at the Hidden Hut Outdoor Rink at #10504 Hidden Valley Drive.
-Parking is available for both ice surfaces in the parking lot, south of the Hidden Hut. A portable toilet is located on the West side of the Hidden Hut.
-Practice time is approximately 20 minutes followed with a game of shinny. Ice time is rotated between the different age groups on Saturdays only.
Hockey teams are coordinated as a boy/girl mix based on the following three age groups and skill levels:
• Ages 6-9 (Born 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)
• Ages 10-14 (Born 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)
-Cost is $70.00 per child for all age groups.
Recommended equipment (in addition to skates, CSA approved helmet with cage and hockey stick):
• mouth guard
• neck guard
• shoulder pads
• elbow pads
• hockey gloves
• shorts with cup
• hockey pants
• shin pads
• hockey socks
• jerseys are provided and are to be returned at the end of February
All Hidden Valley Community Association programs are run completely by volunteers. To register, each family must volunteer in one of the following positions:
• Coordinator of hockey program
• Co-Coach (Ages 6 to 9)
• Co-Coach (Ages 10 to 14)
• Winterfest Volunteers (3-4 hour time commitment January 21; 10 people required)
• Rink Rat volunteer (8 required)
There is a $100 charge for non-volunteers.
Deposit cheques will be required at first practice.
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to hockey(at)hiddenhut(dot)org
- If a Sports Program is canceled, you will be notified in advance and your Registration Fee will be returned.
- All membership fees are non-refundable.
- You can cancel registration in a Sports Program up until two (2) weeks before a Sports Program starts, your Registration Fee will be returned less a 20% Administration Fee.
- If you wish to cancel after a Sports Program starts, your Registration Fee less a 20% Administration Fee can only be returned for medical reasons, requiring a doctors's note. You will be asked to return all borrowed sport equipment including uniform.
- For any change to registration or you require a refund please contact sports(at)hiddenhut(dot)org