HVCA Rink Usage
Last Updated on Monday, 09 December 2013 12:34
The Hidden Valley Community Association has two ice surfaces located at #10504 Hidden Valley Drive NW.
- The first can be found directly north of the Hidden Hut with a surface of approximately 960 sq.ft. allowing for 20 skaters. This ice surface is appropriate for toddlers, young children as well as beginners learning how to skate. Park benches are available to put on and remove skates. No sticks or pucks are allowed.
- The second ice surface is a skating / hockey rink with boards and nets. It is located on the east side of the Hidden Hut. This surface is approximately 3200sq.ft. allowing for 65 skaters (49 sq.ft. allowed per person). The rink includes: player benches, lights for night use until 10:00PM. It is appropriate for all age groups. Sticks and pucks are allowed except for ‘Family Skate’ on Sundays from 12:00noon until 3:00PM.
Parking is available for both ice surfaces in the parking lot, south of the Hidden Hut. A portable toilet is located on the West side of the Hidden Hut.
Outdoor ice season is weather dependant, but generally runs from mid December to late February. Maintenance of the outdoor rinks is the responsibility of volunteers within the Hidden Valley Community Association. Building and maintenance of ice is completed by community volunteers. The rink is maintained weekly with ice building and patch filling when necessary. Both ice surfaces are flooded at least once a week, weather dependant.
Our obligations may be suspended to the extent that we are prevented or hindered from complying with them by events beyond our reasonable control including without limitation: failure of equipment, adverse weather conditions, in compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction.
Applications and Approval
Regular Membership living within Hidden Valley /Hanson Ranch may use the ‘Rink’ free of charge, based on availability.
Public use is on a first-come, first-serve basis, unless previously reserved for a community event or private use.
The skating schedule is 9:00am-11:00PM daily. No skating is allowed after the lights are off as per the City of Calgary noise bylaw.
No reservations will be available on recognized holidays.
Use of the rink does not constitute an endorsement by the Hidden Valley Community Association of the viewpoints expressed by participants individually or as a group. All publicity shall carry the name of the organization sponsoring the event or meeting. The Hidden Valley Community Association shall not be identified or implied as a sponsor.
A completed ‘Rink Usage Application’ form is due when reservation is made. Only persons 18 years and older may complete a Facility Usage Application form. The applicant must hold a current Hidden Valley Community Association Regular Membership.
An applicant must submit and disclose the nature of the intended ice rink usage to the Hidden Valley Community Association and be subject to Board member approval. The Hidden Valley Community Association reserves the right to decline any activities that contradict with our Mission, Values or By-laws.
Upon approval of the Ice Rink Usage Application, a letter confirming the use will be emailed to the applicant.
The applicant can cancel the reservation at any time. Reservations are not transferable to another individual/group/organization. All efforts will be made to keep an approved reservation intact; however the Hidden Valley Community Association retains the right to cancel a reservation without notice if necessary.
Rink Usage Guidelines
The applicant must be present at all times during the reserved period and be responsible for overseeing all participants’ conduct. The applicant shall be liable for damages to our facility as a direct result of such conduct. The Hidden Valley Community Association may pursue legal actions against any gross negligence or unlawful activities by the applicant’s participants.
Discretion is strongly advised with regards to loud music, parking in appropriate spaces and creating minimum disturbance to our neighbours.
Approval must be obtained prior to posting signs, flyers, banners or other advertisement or similar items. Please do not use any scotch tape, masking tape or other adhesives on the boards or metal fencing without prior approval. Pins, staples or nails on any of the boards are prohibited.
Any markings, paint or graffiti of any kind must be reported and removed immediately.
This reservation is only for the approved rink. This does not include other additional areas or equipment (Hidden Hut facility, sporting equipment or maintenance machinery for the rink).
Use of additional equipment (lighting, nets, and maintenance machinery for the rink) must be pre-approved by the Hidden Valley Community Association. A Board member, with proper training and understanding of additional equipment, must be present at the time of use.
The applicant must ensure the event is completed within the reserved time. Failure to vacate the premises at the agreed time will result in being barred from future reservation of the rink. The applicant will not be allowed full use of the rink earlier than the scheduled time.
Remove all decorations, signs, materials and excess garbage/recycling from the premise. The Hidden Valley Community Association does not provide storage or safekeeping of any materials left behind.
Rules and Regulations of Rink use
- All players, participants, officials, spectators and members of the public in attendance assume full and exclusive responsibility for their own safety.
- At all times, non-adult participants (under 18 years) must be actively supervised by an adult such as a coach, teacher or parent.
- It is the responsibility of each user, team and organization to leave the facility and rink in an acceptable condition. This includes, but is not limited to, garbage, recycling and clothing. Littering on or around the rink is prohibited. Please dispose of all garbage and recyclables in the cans provided.
- The Hidden Valley Community Association and its volunteer members assume no responsibility for accidents, injuries or for lost or stolen group or individual property left inside or outside the rink. Inquire about your home and automobile insurance, or your group/organizations insurance carrier.
- Inappropriate, destructive or offensive behaviour or language by players, participants, officials, spectators and members of the public will not be tolerated. Violators will be required to leave the premises.
- No animals are permitted in the facility or rink.
- You are not permitted to bring food and or drink onto the rink.
- No alcohol, smoking or drugs allowed on the premises.
- The uses of fire, fireworks or other highly flammable materials are forbidden.
- Weapons such as guns or pocket knives are absolutely prohibited.
- The throwing of snow or ice or the chipping or digging of holes in the ice is prohibited and may result in ejection. All potential hazards (i.e. holes in ice) should be reported to the Hidden Valley Community Association immediately.
- Hidden Valley Community volunteers offer their time for your safety and enjoyment; you must follow their instructions at all times.
- On entering the rink you consent to any photography, filming or recording authorized or arranged by the Hidden Valley Community Association for promotional purposes. Should you be on the rink at the time, we shall use reasonable endeavours to inform you that such photography, filming, or recording is to take place.
- All users agree to abide by the rules as set by the Hidden Valley Community Association.
- In the event of an emergency call 9-1-1.