Last Updated on Saturday, 09 March 2013 19:20
Please note a mistake was made in the March Newsletter for Hidden Valley. U8 is a mixed league and play on Monday's and Wednesday from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Our Soccer Program typically runs between the end of April until the end of June.
- Soccer is organized and provided by the Hidden Valley Community Associaiton but is parent coached.
- All practices and games are either at St. Elizabeth Seton School, Valley Creek or other location in N.W. Calgary, pending age group.
- All practices and games are either Monday/Wedesday or Tuesday/Thursday, pending age group.
- U4 and U6 are part of the CMSATimbits Soccer Program within HVCA. Tim Horton’s provides a t-shirt for each player to use and keep. HVCA provides an individual photo, team photo and participant medal for each player to keep. HVCA also provides soccer balls and nets for each team to use. We recommend parents purchase cleats and shin pads. U4 and U6 Soccer will practice and play at Valley Creek School. Each team will have 2 practices/games scheduled per week (practice time is the first half of every game). Players are placed on teams randomly, with no skill tryouts. No scores are kept – the focus is on fun!
- U8 is part of CMSA Shane Homes City League. Shane Homes provides a 'Jersey Kit' including: jersey, shorts and socks for every player to use and keep each season. Registration includes a medal and pre-paid registration to the CMSA Minifest. HVCA provides an individual photo and team photo for each player. U8 Soccer will practice and play at St. Elizabeth Seton School. There is an option for U8 team(s) to play other communities, if there is enough interest.
- U10 Program is part of Northern Hill Community Association Soccer League. U10 Girls play Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm. U10 Boys play Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm. Both Boys and Girls will be running until July 12th this year. HVCA provides a 'Jersey Kit' including: jersey, shorts and socks for every player to use, but the Jersey is not to keep. HVCA also provides an individual photo, team photo and medal for each player to keep.
- U12 is part of the Inter-Community House League within HVCA. HVCA provides a 'Jersey Kit' including: jersey, short and socks for every player to use, but not keep. HVCA also provides an individual photo, team photo and medal for each player to keep. U12 players are placed on teams randomly, with no skill tryouts. In order to play within the Inter-Community House League, HVCA needs 14 boys to create a team and/or 14 girls to create a team. Please register early; a full refund will be given if a team cannot be made. U12 does have some travel to other communities.
All Hidden Valley Community Association Sports Programs are run completely by volunteers. If you do not want to volunteer for a position below you do have an option at registration to pay a one time $100.00 fee for the spring sports program. To register one parent must volunteer in one of the following positions:
- U4 Co-coaches – 20 people required
- U6 Co-coaches – 36 people required
- U8 Co-coaches – 36 people required
- U10 Girls Co-coaches – 4 people required
- U10 Boys Co-coaches – 6 people required
- U12 Girls Co-coaches – 4 people required
- U12 Boys Co-coaches – 6 people required
- Equipment Hand out - 3 people required (FILLED)
- Equipment Return - 3 people required (FILLED)
- Line Marking – 10 people Required (FILLED)
- Easter Egg Hunt – March 30 – 4 people required (FILLED)
- Community Clean-Up – April 21 – 40 people required (FILLED)
- Bottle Drive – June 08 – 40 people required
- Sports Wind-up BBQ – June 22 – 12 people Required (FILLED)
- 50 / 50 Raffle – June 22 – 4 people Required (FILLED)
|Age:||Born in 2009 or 2010 (must be 3 by May 1, 2013)||Age:||Born in 2007 or 2008|
|Playing Days:||Mondays and Wednesdays||Playing Days:||Mondays and Wednesdays|
|Location:||Valley Creek||Location:||Valley Creek|
|Age:||Born in 2005 or 2006||Age:||Born in 2003 or 2004|
|Playing Days:||Mondays and Wednesdays
U8 Minifest: TBA
U10 Boys - Tuesdays and Thursdays
U10 Girls - Mondays and Wednesdays
|Time:||7:00-8:00pm||Time:||6:30 pm to 7:30 pm|
|Location:||St. Elizabeth Seton||Location:||Coventry Hills|
|Age:||Born in 2001 or 2002|
Girls: Mondays and Wednesdays
|Time:||6:15 pm to 7:20 pm|
|Location:||Various fields in the NW|
NOTE: All dates and times are subject to change.